General Liability Insurance
As an independent, owner-managed brokerage working with regional Canadian brokers, our direct access into the Lloyd's of London marketplace allows us to work with selected Lloyd's syndicates to cater for the 'heavier end' of Canadian general liability risks. Our appetite and focus are on risks that are too large and 'non-standard' for local insurers and MGAs to accommodate.
How can we help?
As a Lloyd’s broker with a local presence in Canada we understand the changes and challenges faced by regional brokers. We therefore have developed a system to allow our partner brokers to be closer to Lloyd’s of London. Historically, risks may travel between multiple broker chains before reaching Lloyd’s, but now, there you, us & the insurer.
Backed 100% by Lloyd's capacity, our selected Partner Brokers have access to an exclusive facility allowing them to effectively place high-risk trades at a time of uncertainty and increases costs for the insured. To accommodate the insured, in partnership with our Lloyd's syndicates and risk managers, we offer risk management assistance and surveys to identify potential areas of claims and how claims can be potentially prevented.
GBP 10,000 (EL/PL/CAR)
GBP 7,500 standalone (PL/Products)
GBP 10m Primary for EL/PL GBP 25m+ Excess of Loss (EOL)
- Backed by our parent company, Servca Group UK – a Lloyd's Broker with a global footprint and headquartered in the heart of the world's insurance district in London - we can leverage underwriting and product knowledge to develop a placement strategy that would otherwise not be available to in the domestic Canadian market.
- A facility bespoke to nonstandard and larger liability risks.
- Dedicated 48-hour turnaround times in receiving certain contract quotes (subject to receiving full risk presentations).
- Reliable account management, communication & market feedback– discuss your requirements and risk to ensure we can assist you going forwards.
- Portfolio Placements for Partner Brokers to allow you to win and retain business year on year.
- Non-restrictive, broad policy wordings to cater for each industry trade.
- Primary and Excess Layer options (combined/standalone).
- High risk and hazardous locations.
- Risks with previous claims.
- Risks where directors had prior convictions/bankruptcies.
We have broken down the main risk profiles that we have written under our facility to assist you. Our facility has been designed to be broad and flexible, thus catering to all general liability risks.
Why Servca as your Canadian General Liability Lloyd's Broker:
- As an independent and 'whole of market' brokerage, we actively work with all 37 Lloyd's syndicates on your behalf to arrange the best possible cover.
- With our office in King Street East, downtown Toronto – we understand the local challenges that our valued partner brokers and clients have with domestic insurers, appetite and limit restrictions from local MGAs with 'hardening' markets across Canada, making the placement of 'non-standard,' specialty lines even more challenging to the insurer.
- Through the relationships, knowledge, and buying power with over 37 Lloyd's syndicate, we offer consistent and stable insurance programs for specialty, 'non-standard,' and high-risk clients whom Canadian domestic insurers would typically decline.